Entitlements and Benefits
ENTITLEMENTS AND BENEFITS
Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) hires the best of the best, and we recognize the contributions of our team members in a variety of ways. One of the key components of our compensation program is an elite-in-class benefits package. As a Federal employee, you'll enjoy exceptional insurance and retirement programs, and as an AFCS employee, you'll also have access to a variety of on-installation programs and benefits.
- Affordable health and life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Transferable retirement plan with government matching contributions
- Flexible work environment
- Paid employment related training and education
- Possible student loan repayment
- Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
- Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job
- Annual pay increases and locality pay adjustments
- Access to some installation services such as DoD lodging, physical fitness facilities, self help equipment rentals, and golf courses just to name a few
With everything a career with AFCS has to offer, we can't imagine why anyone would leave, but occasionally an employee decides to explore other options. In many cases, they decide to return to AFCS, and, like all Federal positions, the benefits they accrued before leaving are still intact when they return.
For more information regarding benefits for Federal employees, click here.