Make a Difference
Practicing medicine and providing quality health care is your calling. But like many in the profession the distractions of extensive paperwork and reporting in today’s health care environment keep you from fully appreciating the satisfaction that comes with the job.
Air Force Civilian Service (AFCS) offers an alternative. It’s attractive on every level and makes it possible to keep the focus on what you love, not on the paperwork.
Work side by side with highly qualified medical professionals in an effective and efficient health care system — a system dedicated to the health and well-being of 2.5 million beneficiaries: our nation’s Airmen and their families.
The system relies on 75 state-of-the-art treatment facilities, out-patient clinics, and support centers around the country and around the world.
Preventive care is a priority. Equipment is the very latest. Treat patients without restrictions on time.
Our staff enjoy a supportive work environment and are offered continuing education and training to hone skills and stay abreast with the latest treatment techniques. They also enjoy an emphasis on work-life balance where time with family and friends and enjoying pastimes are valued.
Professionally, you couldn’t ask for a better and more rewarding experience.
But Wait, There's More.
Salaries that defy expectations
Access to premier fitness facilities
Signing bonuses may be offered
Student loan repayment may be considered
And, there's no need to carry malpractice insurance
Annual Paid Time Off
- Up to 23 days including Federal Holidays and sick days
Annual Paid Vacation
- Up to 26 days depending on tenure
Insurance for You and Your Family
- Life, health, dental, and long-term care
- Immediate coverage by the Federal Employees Retirement (FERS) System, part of a three-tiered system which contains:
- Basic Benefits Plan
- Social Security
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), like a 401(k). You can transfer or roll-over money from an existing retirement plan into your TSP account
- Automatically receive 1% employer contribution and up to 5% matching
Committed to Physical, Mental, and Social Well Being
We are actively seeking highly qualified professionals in all occupations vital to a world-class health care system: